Flexible Remote Learning
The Victorian Government has made a series of significant announcements, in line with advice from the Chief Health Officer about restrictions to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19):
1. From 6pm on Sunday 2 August, Stage 4 restrictions will be in place across metropolitan Melbourne.
2. From 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August, Stage 3 restrictions will be in place throughout regional Victoria.
3. Mitchell Shire will remain in Stage 3 restrictions.
These restrictions will result in changes to school operations that will come into effect from Wednesday 5 August and are likely to apply until the end of Term 3.
Prep to Year 10
- Prep to Year 10 students in metropolitan Melbourne will continue with remote and flexible learning.
Already used in our classrooms, we selected the DET endorsed version of Google Apps for Education (Google Classrooms) as the ultimate platform, a whole-school approach for Flexible and Remote Learning for our Prep to Year 6 students. Now more than ever, we need your support to help learning continue at home. Compass will continue to be the home of our main communications with our families and carers. if you would like to contact a teacher directly, please use the email button on your child’s compass grade page (accessible through the browser). Please ensure you have your push notifications turned on and your email address and contact number is current and up-to-date.
- On-site supervision will be available for students in the following categories, based on revised criteria:
children whose parents are permitted workers and for whom no other arrangements can be made o vulnerable children including:
– children in out-of-home care
– children deemed by Child Protection and/ or Family Services to be at risk of harm
– children identified by the school as vulnerable (including via referral from a family violence agency, homelessness or youth justice service or mental health or other health service).
– children with a disability where the family is experiencing severe stress.
If you are a permitted worker, contact your child’s school to confirm on-site supervision arrangements. Find out more about the permitted worker scheme.
The Departments latest advice can be found on www.education.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Remote Learning Resources
Ready for School?
1 Prepare your workspace
Before anything else, preparation is the key to success – Alexandra Graham Bell
2 Minimalise distractions
This will allow you to stay focused and help with concentration