In our daily lives, it is important that we all feel safe and be safe.
Being cybersafe is about learning to feel and be safe online as well as behave online.
So how cyber smart are you? Take the Quiz!
- Here are some tips for staying safe online:
- Always treat others with respect.
- Do not reply to rude or nasty comments.
- Immediately tell an adult if you feel uncomfortable or worried online.
- If someone is being mean or nasty – block them or leave the site.
- Only use your iPod, iPad or computer in a common area of the house; NOT IN THE BEDROOM!
- Help your parents to learn about the internet. Teach your parents the language of cyberspace.
- Let your parents know where you go online, just as you would in real life.
- Ask your parents to spend time online with you – learn and explore together
- Never ever share PERSONAL INFORMATION such as your name, address, phone number or school!
- Passwords MUST NOT BE SHARED!!!!! Choose passwords that others can’t guess…..not your fav food or pets name.
- Be aware that information on the internet is not always reliable.
- The internet can be great and a lot of fun… Be Cyber Safe!